Following the latest update from the UK Government and Church of England on 8th December, all are now required to wear masks whilst entering, leaving or moving around the church building (including the Centre spaces), unless exempt or aged under11.
· Hand sanitizer stations will continue to be available and their use encouraged.
· The wearing of masks throughout services (including the singing of hymns) is required for the congregation.
· It is still permissible for those leading worship, or singing in groups or choirs to remove masks for these purposes.
· We will continue following a one-way system for coming up for communion and moving around church.
· Doors will continue to be opened at certain points during worship in order to improve ventilation. Please wrap up if you are near to an exit.
· If you would like seat spaces left between you and the next person, please take a card(s) from reception to place on the seats beside you. Strict socially distanced seating will be retained in the balcony.
· The physical sharing of the peace with family seated alongside you is fine.
· We will continue to retain only taking communion in one kind.
· The collection will remain as a basket/plate placed near the north door.
· When seated in the café taking refreshments, masks are not required, but they are for movement around the café.
· The above information applies to all other services in church, including funerals and baptisms.
· Masks are to be worn for any group meetings in the building and when working closely with others in the kitchen area.
To view a list of our Advent, Christmas and new year services, please select the button
Other opening times are:
- Sunday Eucharist 10.15am
- Wednesday Mass 9.30am
- Friday Mass 10.30am (no service on 24th December)
- Lunch with Us (takeaway service) continues on Wednesdays between 12.00-1.00pm
- Open Church from 10.00am-2.00pm Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays and Fridays between 10.00am-12.00pm only.
- The Church, including the café are additionally open on Wednesdays between 10.00am-12.00pm and Saturdays between 9.00am-12.00pm (not open Saturday, 25th December or Saturday, 1 January 2022).
- The opportunity to pray or light a candle is available on each day.
Compline will be live streamed on the St Giles’ Facebook page on Thursday evenings at 8.00pm. Just simply like their Facebook page (www.facebook.com/stgilespontefract). You can watch the service live or at a time which suits
For information relating to weddings, funerals and baptisms, please visit the relevant page or contact the parish office on 01977 790448 or email email@example.com.
If you need to contact a priest please ring or email:
Canon June Lawson 01977 706803 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Thinking of visiting St Giles’ Church for the first time? In normal times, we are an open, welcoming and inclusive church and we encourage you to come along and visit our lively and growing congregation in Pontefract.
Under normal circumstances, we hold services at different times throughout the week, so please do come along for a very warm welcome to our family here at the church. Information on our Service times can be found here